Monday, June 17, 2013

Packing for the C&O Canal Bike Camp

I know some of you have started to assemble your supplies for the C&O Canal Bike Camp (pack list).  I thought it might be useful to show you how I pack for this trip..

My sleeping supplies are a pad, sleeping bag (in a compression sac) and a small pillow. If you bring a fleece bag, plan on also bringing a liner (for cooler nights).


I always think I need more clothes than I actually do!  I have to remind my self to stick to the list... and I'm going to ask that you do the same.  The picture below shows my compression sack uncompressed!                                                                                                                                                                                       
 


Don't forget to pack a small bowl and spork for breakfast and fireside dinners!


And because everyone will help transport some group
 gear...  I've included a tent for demonstration purposes.


Everything is packed and I still have one completely empty pannier in which I can pack one or two of the items in the miscellaneous/optional category!!












No comments:

Post a Comment